Sunday, January 03, 2010

Excerpts from "The Prince of Tides" opera to be premiered


One should always be ready for unexpected opportunities. 2010 is starting with a new-found endeavor for me. Twelve days before the premiere of excerpts from Andy Fowler's opera based on The Prince of Tides, I was called to step in for an ailing singer. My last week of vacation before the spring semester will be spent learning this exciting new work. On January 10, 2010 at the University of South Carolina, Tim Koch of the Carolina Master Chorale will conduct the excerpts from Fowler's new opera. I will sing Savannah, the suicidal sister (played by Melinda Dillon in the movie) as well as young Lila, her mother, in flashbacks. It should be an exciting (and anxious week) as I do my best to prepare my part. For more on Tim Koch and Andy Fowler, please visit the CMC website at CAROLINA MASTER CHORALE .

No comments: